EVG® PHABLE™ Innovative Patterning Principle
EVG® PHABLE™ exposure system is designed specifically for the manufacturing of photonic components. Leveraging EVG's expertise in photolithography, the EVG PHABLE system incorporates a unique, contactless, mask-based lithography approach that enables full-field, high-resolution and cost-efficient micro- and nanopatterning. The unique property of PHABLE is the down to 150 nm printing resolution of regular patterns in a single exposure step. Nonetheless, a mask-substrate separation gap of several tens of micrometers is kept while the image depth can be extended to cover the multiple micrometer thick resist without resolution deterioration. This very high aerial image aspect ratio allows printing of the same high-resolution patterns onto large and highly warped surfaces.
- Based on well-established photolithography infrastructure and supply chain
- High throughput of more than 50 wafers per hour
- Patterning of lines, hexagonal and square arrays
- Simple and robust process control
- Supporting 6" full field exposure
- Very high depth of focus for accurate printing in thick resists
- Insensitive to particles and total thickness variation
EVG® PHABLE™ Patterning Capabilities
- PHABLE is a mask-based photolithography method; hence printing a different pattern simply requires a change of the mask.
- PHABLE enables full wafer, single exposure printing of features in the range of 200 nm to about 2.5 µm.
- PHABLE is applicable to both one-dimensional patterns, such as lines and spaces, and two-dimensional patterns, such as hexagonal or square lattices.
- PHABLE offers a broad window of pattern size control. On the one hand, resist pattern height adjustment is straight forward. Due to the ideal two-dimensional exposure region it is independent of the lithography process and simply controlled by resist thickness. In addition, PHABLE has a unique property to control lateral feature dimensions. Just by changing the exposure dose, feature sizes can be tailored within a wide range.