Hot Embossing Solution for Flexible Substrates
The EVG750® R2R hot embossing system is based on EVG's extensive experience in batch-type hot embossing. Using rolls, instead of plates, the EVG750R2R enables continuous moulding with significant advantages in operational speed and device throughput. The system is especially well suited for structuring fine features in the sub-micron to nanometer scale. Furthermore, the technology implies advantages over mainstream reshaping technologies such as injection moulding if structured thin films are required. The EVG750R2R's innovative design provides excellent temperature and pressure uniformity for micro- and nanoscale patterning on a broad range of materials. In addition, the EVG750R2R enables roll-to-roll patterning on exotic materials that are not available on large rolls. It is designed to deliver the highest flexibility for R&D applications with a clear vision for automated mass manufacturing of flexible devices.
EVG® 750R2R Hot-Embossing System Features
- Splicing table reduces consumption of expensive thermoplastic materials
- Optical sensor and rotary encoders ensure precise overlay, or position matching, between the stamp and substrate
- Unique roller heating concept reduces energy consumption and idleness
- Electrostatic discharge reduces defect levels
- Unique pressure supply provides superior pressure uniformity